10 Coconut Oil you can utilize for
|What can you use coconut oil for? Oh, let me count the ways!
Perhaps I’m a bit behind the times, but I only just recently discovered coconut oil. Actually, I was introduced to it about a year-and-a-half ago during a vegan cooking class, but I didn’t make an effort to really try it out until a few weeks ago. And now, I can’t help but wonder why it’s only just crossed my radar—because it’s kind of amazing.
While I tried it out cooking acorn squash (with this salad), which I want to eat ALL THE TIME), it can pretty much be used for, well, anything. Here are just a few ways in which you can utilize this amazing oil, which is extracted from ripe coconuts (Note: you’ll want “virgin” or “refined” coconut oil because it’s non-hydrogenated):
- As cooking oil. It can be cooked at very high temperatures, with a smoke point of 450°F. It’s also has medium-chain triglycerides, which are easier on your digestive tract.
- As a daily energy supplement.
- As coffee creamer.
- As lotion.
- As makeup remover.
- To prevent stretch marks or lighten age spots.
- As a topical treatment for yeast infections.
- As a hair de-frizzer.
- As a natural conditioner.
- To soothe skin conditions like eczema.
- With apple cider vinegar as a natural lice treatment.
- In homemade sunscreen.
- In various (delicious) recipes, savory and sweet.
- To help regulate the thyroid.
- As a natural diaper cream.
- To condition and soften shiny leather.
- In a salt scrub.
- To help soothe a sore throat.
- As a natural deodorant.
- To soothe skin issues and hot spots on pets.
These are just twenty examples to show you a wide variety of possibilities.